How To Refund A Non-Refundable Hotel Booking On Expedia?

I booked a non-refundable hotel for three nights in Paris. However, I realized that I will no longer be able to go. It cost over $600 and I contacted the hotel regarding what my options are they said that there is nothing that they can do because it was non-refundable. I contacted Expedia and they said that they... show more I booked a non-refundable hotel for three nights in Paris. However, I realized that I will no longer be able to go. It cost over $600 and I contacted the hotel regarding what my options are they said that there is nothing that they can do because it was non-refundable. I contacted Expedia and they said that they will contact the hotel tomorrow and see if they can cancel it and refund the money, but I have low expectations as the hotel had already said that they would not to me. The hotel did, however, mention that I could talk to my credit card company as the booking was made through there. Is there anything that my credit card company can do for me? If so, what should I tell them? Thank you, I greatly appreciate all of the help!
5 answers 5