How can I best prepare my sprained ankle for long periods of walking?

I sprained my ankle a little over a day ago, I skipped a step going down stairs and rolled it outward. The ankle itself immediately swelled and was extremely painful to walk, but there is very few bruising. It took me a few hours to wrap it, but I have been trying rest as much as possible since then, along with... show more I sprained my ankle a little over a day ago, I skipped a step going down stairs and rolled it outward. The ankle itself immediately swelled and was extremely painful to walk, but there is very few bruising. It took me a few hours to wrap it, but I have been trying rest as much as possible since then, along with icing it and keeping it wrapped. I can walk without pain when walking flat footed, but stretching still hurts.
The problem is I have a trip tomorrow morning which I must attend which will require a heavy amount of walking (10,000+ steps), and then work the next day which will require standing for extended periods of time. What steps should I take now to get my foot in the best shape possible to walk tomorrow?