Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 7 months ago

IF you have a Meat grinder in the home, how easy is it to keep clean? Please explain. Thanks.?

very easy to keep clean.

it comes apart completely.

You simply wash, rinse and dry it, just like you do your other dishes.

Is that explanation enough??

My grandma had an old one that was difficult to clean but my mother has one that attaches to her kitchen aid mixer that washes very easy and is dishwasher safe. It just depends on which one you want to buy.

I do have one. And you MUST wash all the parts that come in contact with food thoroughly every time you use it. It's not that hard, all those parts come apart and can be put in soapy water. Brush them out, rinse dry and reassemble or place in original packaging. I bought mine at Harbor Freight and I now know what's in my hamburger.

Easy to clean. Like CB, I have the kitchenaid attachment. It easily disassemble. You can put it in the dishware, but I usually just wash it my self with soap and water.

• CB

I do, I have a kitchenaid attachment, easy as hell to clean, disassemble, put in dishwasher, run dishwasher, reassemble. .

They are a big pain. I use a food processor most of the time to grind hamburger.

• Rick

A food processor doesn't really grind meat but rather chops it which is close but rather different in texture. Also a grinder is much more efficient. I can render 25 lbs. of trimmings into burger in way less than an hour. I'd hate to try to chop that much in my processor.