promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Do Mormons really believe that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri, and Noah's Ark was built in America?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Where was Eden's garden?

Genesis 2:8-14.

There's not a lot of directions. Genesis 2:8 says it was "east", that is, of the land of Israel. Then Genesis 2:10-14 describes a river that came out of the garden, which became four rivers. The first was Pison of the land of Avila (where there was gold, bdellio, and onyx), which is the southern part of Arabia. The second was Ghion from the country of Cus. Usually "Cus" in the Bible refers to Ethiopia, but this seems unlikely; perhaps it was a region of Asia. These two rivers no longer exist, perhaps because of the geographical changes that take place over time, or because of the flood. The third river was Chiddechel (i.e. the Tigris) to the east of Assyria, and the fourth Euphrates, which flow through the present Turkey, Syria, and Iraq.

So probably the Garden of Eden was located nearby, in a mountainous area in eastern Turkey. Of course, we will never find archaeological evidence for the garden, because Adam and Eve did not build houses or objects that could last for centuries, and in any case the flood probably destroyed what was left of it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Define"Mormon." That epithet has been applied to several churches. Which one did you mean?

As to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, yes, either the Garden of Eden was in Missouri or that's where Adam and Eve were cast out from it.

Don't tell me you're stupid enough to believe that the Ark stayed in one place during its months afloat. Adam and Noah had to live somewhere, and there's no evidence that it was in the Middle East.

• 9 months ago

Yes they do, totally ridiculous isn't it? What's more, there are people that believe Noah's flood happened and god is real. The world is filled with no end of nonsense!

• Ala
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

When I was in as a teenager, I believed it. It looks silly in hindsight.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Otto
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They believe things, what the Bible not teaches.

Source(s): Bible
  • 9 months ago

You'd believe the Garden of Eden was in Missouri too if that's what your parents taught you. Likely even when you became an adult.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Neither of those beliefs are any crazier than the “mainstream” beliefs that the garden of Eden was in Iraq and Noah's Ark is on mount Sinai.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Genesis 2 explicitly says it's at the point where the euphrates and tigris split, so that can't be anywhere else but in mesopotamia.

• 9 months ago

Once you believe that snakes can talk and a man centuries old can build a bulk tanker without power tools it really wouldn't be that much of a step to believe that it all happened in America.

• 9 months ago

In my ugly state of Missouri?

Source(s): Ready to move to Florida
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.