If an officer wrote me a ticket for being parked on my front lawn, and he put down the wrong car, what can I do?

I parked on my front lawn on the grass. Cop gave me a ticket for being parked on grass. I drive an Accord, and he put on the ticket that it was a Nissan. Could I dispute this? What could I do?

This is in Michigan by the way.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Fight it! That's your property on your property **** those highway bandits make them work to extort money from you! Don't just give it to them!

• 5 months ago

Your Honda Accord is visually almost identical to a Nissan Ultima.

AT MOST, if you contest the charge in court, the judge will amend the citation for the vehicle you CONFESS to parking illegally.

More than likely, you will irritate the judge resulting in the maximum fine allowed.

Note: The photo the officer took of a vehicle parked on your lawn prove the case, regardless of what vehicle was parked on the lawn.

• 5 months ago

You can always dispute the charge. Whether you win or not, is a different story.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The type of car description is not a legal piece of information. He could have just as easily put that it was a Ford Focus. Just pay the ticket.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • marty
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I don't see how he could write you a ticket when you were on private property. Something isnt right with this.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

The law prohibits parking on the lawn. By your logic, I could beat you to death on your front lawn and claim immunity because it was private property.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

the law says a mistake that is NOT material to why he wrote you the ticket is not a big deal. should READ those traffic laws sometime .............................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.