A property is being foreclosed and sold at sheriff sale. I know the individual and he has mentioned some judgement leans?

Im short the bank needs a certain amount and gets first dibs. His ex wife had a lean on the property for criminal restitution for lije $90,000. He was however awarded the house in the divorce and suppose to be free of that lean of hers now. He had some civil judgements attached to the house apparently as well. Question is i i buy the property at Shefiff sale for the amount the bank needs to satisfy the mortgage. What happens to the other attached leans? Would i be responsible to pay the other leans of his to get clear title?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Hannah
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Did the ex physically lean on the property or did she have a lien on the property?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm in the U.K., here a debt is paid from the proceeds of the sale. Are you telling me that a house is sold with a lien and it's transferred to the new owner.?

Surely that cannot be legal. Why would anyone buy this property ?,

• 6 months ago

Yes, if you buy the house you are responsible for paying the liens. When I sold the New Orleans House I inverted the lien fir unpaid property taxes was deducted from the the amount of money I got for the house. I paid the lien effectively, not the buyer. His wife is a real estate agent and loan person .

Houses are expensive to.maintain

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

If the debt is attached to the house, it will be yours if you buy it. Do a title search on the property. They're pretty cheap, I think the last time I got one it was about $225

They will show you judgements and liens attached to the property

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Its spelled L I E N. SMH.........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.