Sally asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 months ago

I want to go on the pill so I won t get my period on holiday, is it too late?

Ok so I have my period right now and I started it 2 days ago also it was late this time it was supposed to come the 15th/16th and I m going on holiday august 15th-21st so I ll have me period over there so I just wondering is it possible to start the pill now (as I haven t been on it before) so that I d be able to skip my period when i m on my holidays and when would be the latest I could start as I still have to get a doctors appointment thanks

• :)
    Favorite Answer

Starting the pill at least a 3 weeks in advance is best. I think if you start now, you’ll be fine.

• MissA

An important point on this is that you didn't mention if you have the pill already, and when your holiday is.

If you want to do this you need to get the pill which will mostly require you visiting a doctor, and then you need to start it at least 3 days, maybe longer depending on what medication you get, before your period is due.

• Sally7 months agoReport

i did, i haven't been on the pill before and my holiday is the 15th-21st of August.

• Robin

start today and you maybe lucky enough. Keep taking it and don't miss any