Me asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 6 months ago

How do I leave a rehearsal for a high school play early?

I am going to rehearsals every Monday from straight after school to 5pm for a hs play. But also on a Monday I have a dance class that I am currently training for an exam that is in a few weeks. Previously I have asked to leave early because I have a dance class but they didn t let me because it wasn t a good enough excuse?? I know that I should of looked at the times the rehearsals were until before I signed up, but in previous years I have felt left out as the drama department always has such a close bond and I wanted to be a part of that. So what s a better reason to leave early?

Favorite Answer

doctors appt. you will not have that bond if you leave early all the time. Ask dance teacher to talk to drama teacher

• Mamianka

So you took the answer that advised a cheap lie. How mature of BOTH of you.

How early is "early"? Fifteen minutes? Half-hour? If it's more than half-an-hour, you should drop out of the play, because you're cheating the rest of the group.

• Me6 months agoReport

just 10-15 minutes. And I would still have quite a few weeks after my dance exam to attend the full rehearsals before we perform it

• Say you have to wash your underwear because all of the 3 pairs you have are really stinky.

• Mamianka

This is why nobody takes your "conducting career" the least bit seriously. And you are a GROWN MAN - supposedly.

Make sure to memorise your lines

You have a prior important commitment. You should not have signed up for the play. You need to QUIT the play. I will not accept private music students who have sports, dance, horseback riding, etc. as a frequent conflict. Emergencies sometimes happen. Poor planning on your part is not an emergency. Choose.

• Me6 months agoReport

Sorry but no need to attack me, I just messed up a little. Everyone makes mistakes, sorry I’m not a robot. Anyway I just needed to get out of a few rehearsals with a viable excuse.

Tell them that your pet goldfish has got the mange and you are the only family member with the special training needed to rub linseed oil into the disease-ridden piscean. That's what I'd say. Hope this helped, and all that.