Why would a person conclude I am sick or something is wrong with me for wiping a treadmill after I use that machine inside a Gym?

That is a normal common practice, and it's common knowledge it's good etiquette to wipe a machine after using a machine in a freakin Gym. Otherwise it's saying screw you, other persons should not have a issue with sweat on the damn machine. That's a lot like spilling orange juice or ketchup on a table and not wiping that off the table in a restaurant before leaving. It's rude and inconsiderate...

Favorite Answer

Clearly the person who thinks you wipe down equipment only if you're sick has never been introduced to basic gym courtesy, in which everybody wipes down the equipment as they finish with it, even if they didn't sweat on it at all. That's just what you do.

Well, unless you're a douchebag bodybuilder and you leave your sweat like it proves your manliness.

Because they’re the one being rude

• Ramona

In my gym, it's a gym rule. If you are caught leaving the equipment unclean you will get warnings but then 3 strikes your out. we have spray bottles around the gym with paper towels handy.

cause they dont want to be bothered doing it so they dont think you should either