Is a year end event a good time to buy a new car?

Many dealerships have year end events. Usually not to be confused with the sales events they have during the holidays, where they have specials on all their new cars. Im referring to the year end events thatmany dealership run starting from December 26th through New Years day. During this period I always see... show more Many dealerships have year end events.

Usually not to be confused with the sales events they have during the holidays, where they have specials on all their new cars.

Im referring to the year end events thatmany dealership run starting from December 26th through New Years day.

During this period I always see these commercials on TV. Discounts on their remaining current year stock as they make room for their next model year stock.

I have an old beater and can now more than afford the payments on a new car.

I was thinking of getting one this summer, but suppose I wait until the year end events.

First thing in the morning the day after christmas, I go to a dealership advertising a year end event, while they still have a decent selection, and make a deal for one of their 2019 models.

The way i see it, as they are trying to make room for the 2020 lines, I can negotiate a lower price.

Most dealerships will haggle with you and you can negotiate it down below sticker price, but at the year end events the sticker price on a 2019 will be lower than it is today, and I can start my negotiations from a lower starting point.

And despite the discount, I'll still be getting a brand new car that will last just as long as if I got a 2020.

Is there any flaw in buying during year end events, or is it the best time to buy?