promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
joshua
Lv 5
joshua asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

Question for liberals and conservatives. Should police unions be abolished?

Eric gardeners killer for example and the officer who used an illegal choke hold that directly lead to a mans death. All caught on camera. The people of New York want him fired, the mayor wants him fired, yet he’s still employed by NYPD, 5 years later

I’m curious how liberals will respond to this question their blind support for every public sector unions no matter their faults.......As well as conservatives who generally hate unions. Will your hatred of blacks and by extension your support of officers who murder unarmed blacks, outweigh your hatred of unions

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If you see the video, ask yourself if it was intentional, what else could have been done, and how you would have done it differently. My guess is you will have no answers.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

I don't believe in government employees unionizing; but I support the police.

• 10 months ago

I'm a conservative. No. Police officers should have the right to choose to have a labor union negotiate for them and defend them if they wish. They can choose to work in States or cities that don't have representation if they wish to go it alone.

• 10 months ago

<<<Should police unions be abolished?>>>

As a liberal my answer is no, they should not be abolished.

There is essentially no organization that has no faults or makes no mistakes. That does not mean the organization is bad or evil.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Government and state jobs give great benefits and pay. Idk why police have a union.

• 10 months ago

Yes. All public employee unions should be abolished.

They are a conflict of interest for elected officials.

• Edwena
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

The unions protect the employees from attacks by the liberal groups. Without them, liberal groups would rule over the government employees, not the government management. In fact the liberal groups would be the government management and you would have chaos in government.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.