It seems that I have to go to court for following too closely ticket? They won't let me pay the ticket online?

I recently got into a rear end car accident and they gave me a following to closely ticket .( I actually wasn't, I was looking down at my coffee cup too long and didn't react in time) but I didn't say anything because I figured they might have given me a worse ticket like distracted or reckless driving... show more I recently got into a rear end car accident and they gave me a following to closely ticket .( I actually wasn't, I was looking down at my coffee cup too long and didn't react in time) but I didn't say anything because I figured they might have given me a worse ticket like distracted or reckless driving or carelessness or something that.
I didn't want to risk saying that I wasn't.
I tried to pay the ticket online, but it doesn't seem to let me. I guess I have to show up at court? Do I just say that I was following too closely.
My insurance paid for the damage.
I'm guessing I shouldn't tell the court the main reason I got into a car accident is because I didn't have my morning coffee before leaving the house?