Ideas for non-start lawn mower?

Was running last week. I lifted it to the side to replace a wheel and as a consequence oil leaked out a bad filler tube seal. I replaced the oil. Machine never started with the bulb but about four pulls after a shot a carb cleaner into the carb. Now nothing. The air cleaner was filthy but cleaning it or leaving... show more Was running last week. I lifted it to the side to replace a wheel and as a consequence oil leaked out a bad filler tube seal. I replaced the oil. Machine never started with the bulb but about four pulls after a shot a carb cleaner into the carb.
Now nothing. The air cleaner was filthy but cleaning it or leaving if off makes no difference. Plug looks okay and shot a CC directly into cylinder, still no response. Plenty of fresh gas.
Any other ideas I can try beofre I invest ina spark tester?
Update: Rechecked the oil and added more. Still nothing. Took air filter off + CC in carb, started right up. Apparently cleaning the filter no good. uns with dirty filter but not start.