Some automakers are already selling 2020 vehicles, but how can this be?

The year 2020 hasnt happened yet, so any car currently for sale in any dealership cannot be a 2020 vehicle, it would have to have been manufactured 2019. I suppose an auto maker could unveil a future vehicle design or concept car, for display only in showrooms and auto shows, and say "This is the new model... show more The year 2020 hasnt happened yet, so any car currently for sale in any dealership cannot be a 2020 vehicle, it would have to have been manufactured 2019.

I suppose an auto maker could unveil a future vehicle design or concept car, for display only in showrooms and auto shows, and say "This is the new model with a planned release for 2020." I suppose they could even sell preorders.

But if it currently exists in a dealership and you can drive it home today, then how can something already manufactured be a 2020?

Before something is made in 2020, 2020 has to actually come.