promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Of those that die of cancer, do those who refuse Chemo and radiation treatments suffer less than those who don't?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I didn't suffer with chemo, although I got a high dose of the strongest drugs available 8 years ago.. I got prescriptions for side effects but didn't need to fill them. Got tired but part of that was a car, train, subway for an hour and a half each way. Otherwise it was like a day once a month getting an iv.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

It depends on the kind of cancer you have.

• 11 months ago

Suffering is a subjective experience.

Those who refuse cancer therapies are far more likely to die sooner. Those who undergo them are more likely to live longer (sometimes decades longer) but the treatment itself can be very unpleasant but that is not always the case. Palliative care is not intended to extend the remaining lifespan but is intended to reduce the unpleasant symptoms and reduce overall suffering, but it also often does extend the remaining lifespan to some degree.

Each patient makes the choices which they feel are right for them.

• Maybe, since they'll die quicker and they don't have to undergo surgery or treatment, and if they're under hospice care, then they'll have access to morphine. However, the thing is that doing nothing will guarantee that they'll die from their illness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.