Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 5 months ago

Budget to move to LA?

I currently live on the east coast (south) , & decided that I want to move to LA. I have a little over 10K in my Savings. I know California is super expensive compared to where I live now. What’s a good amount of money to save prior to moving? To cover moving expenses as well as start off comfortable?

• Foofa

This largely depends on whether you've got a job lined up, which you should have done. If you have your rental deposit plus proof of employment you'll be able to lease a market rate apartment. Minus the job you'll be stuck in more expensive short term accommodation until you do get a job. So budget accordingly.

Arrange a job BEFORE you move, even if it isn't a very good job. $10,000 will go a lot farther if you have an income.

• Cammie

Try to get a job before moving. Then you will use less of your savings.Move if you want. You have a good amount to start with.

• martin

You should move now, if you are ready. You have enough to get started, assuming that finding a job will be your top priority once you get there. Don't bank on being comfortable until you secure a steady income. But don't just wait and let time pass you by.