Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Really scared dog, help?

My dog is afraid of everything since we moved 1yr ago. He snarls and snaps during the bath. I have tried everything. He is even afraid of himself.

teach him new tricks, he's not confident in himself and maybe needs to feel more connected to you in a stable way, he'll feel more confident when he's doing the tricks you ask

tricks. you can teach - sit(obviously), shake hands, stay, lie down, play dead, roll over, etc.

Ok, obviously the move and probably a few things have got to him. But if I read the question right he was not always like this. So, if you have a dog that was never afraid before. Then a behavioralist will help. But there is something more going on. You should not feel like an idiot for this. It sounds like a new experience for you and your family. I hope it works out for you guys.

• car253

A hehavior vest

You haven't tried everything or this dog wouldn't still be suffering. Since you clearly don't know how to help a fearful dog, get professional help - a behaviourist.