I'm enclosing a photo taken of a part coming from thermostat going to upper radiator hose on 97 Ranger. The outer material is peeling but?

but by touch and feel the part is seems sound.

What is this part called and in your opinion should it be replaced. It's likely the original part.

2 answers 2