promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why some adult parents don't teach their children any manners?!?

I was at a Wedding yesterday and I was walking towards my table after I had gotten my meal from the caters and I (as a woman) had to move to the side for this 11 or 12 year old boy to make way for HIM! I didn't want to ruin my evening of course and I did not know who he was but why are some children like that? They don't respect adults? Also, I happen to look younger then my age even though I'm 35. However that shouldn't matter!

Update:

He did not even say: "Thank you" to me as if he EXPECTED me to be the one to move aside for HIM! Yes he was almost as big as me (he was a big kid) but still! I was just shocked and hurt and angry that 1. His parents don't teach this child manners and that ADULTS are supposed to be given respectful treatment especially if they are nice! 2. I had a plate full of food and he just had his hands in his pocket!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's such a minor matter I'm amazed that you even noticed.

So you had to take a step to the side. Big deal.

If he's deliberately pushed you out of the way or told you to eff off, I'd understand your issue.

But seriously - having to move aside a bit?

Talk about over-reacting!

• 10 months ago

You realise it's taken you about four times as long to type this as it took you to walk back to your table.

Does it REALLY matter to you that much?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cara
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You could have just stopped and let him go round you. That's what I do sometimes when two or three people are walking abreast towards me; one of them has to give way.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

cause theyre too lazy to teach thern rnanners

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

POOR UPBRINGING

FOOLISHNESS

• 10 months ago

Probably thinks he's entitled. Maybe spoiled too much or hes already sexes

• Suzy Suzy Sue
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

I guess I did also kind of feel entitled but I mean I AM a woman and I was carrying food. Just not a friendly kid I guess! ..Not used to less than chivalrus behavior from children.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.