Why some adult parents don't teach their children any manners?!?

I was at a Wedding yesterday and I was walking towards my table after I had gotten my meal from the caters and I (as a woman) had to move to the side for this 11 or 12 year old boy to make way for HIM! I didn't want to ruin my evening of course and I did not know who he was but why are some children like that?... show more I was at a Wedding yesterday and I was walking towards my table after I had gotten my meal from the caters and I (as a woman) had to move to the side for this 11 or 12 year old boy to make way for HIM! I didn't want to ruin my evening of course and I did not know who he was but why are some children like that? They don't respect adults? Also, I happen to look younger then my age even though I'm 35. However that shouldn't matter!
Update: He did not even say: "Thank you" to me as if he EXPECTED me to be the one to move aside for HIM! Yes he was almost as big as me (he was a big kid) but still! I was just shocked and hurt and angry that 1. His parents don't teach this child manners and that ADULTS are supposed to be given respectful... show more He did not even say: "Thank you" to me as if he EXPECTED me to be the one to move aside for HIM! Yes he was almost as big as me (he was a big kid) but still! I was just shocked and hurt and angry that 1. His parents don't teach this child manners and that ADULTS are supposed to be given respectful treatment especially if they are nice! 2. I had a plate full of food and he just had his hands in his pocket!