Do I still need to transfer everything to my new phone?

I went from and iphone 5 to an iphone 7. (I know, still kinda old) I had to do it for a reason not cuz I wanted to. I’ve only had it for 2 days. Either way, when I got it at the phone company they said that I had to do an icloud backup on my old phone so it’d be recently backed up so I could transfer all my stuff... show more I went from and iphone 5 to an iphone 7. (I know, still kinda old) I had to do it for a reason not cuz I wanted to. I’ve only had it for 2 days. Either way, when I got it at the phone company they said that I had to do an icloud backup on my old phone so it’d be recently backed up so I could transfer all my stuff to the new phone. But the internet at my house isn’t that great and the phone wasn’t able to do the backup. I did try other places with wifi but it didn’t work either.
What I did instead was just airdrop all the pics that I wanted from my old phone to my new one. And reinstall the apps I wanted. They’re all the sign in kind, so I didn’t lose anything. And my music got transferred over when I signed in with my Apple ID. Basically since I have everything that I wanted from my old phone, do I still need to do the backup?