Can u get an abortion in jail?

My sister is in jail in Illinois. A bad guy got her pregnant and she was planning on aborting the baby because she is not fit to be a parent, and the man who got her pregnant is in prison. But now my sis is in jail , and I don’t know how long it will be until she is out , but her abortion appointment was suppose to be in two days, now I’m worried she will have to follow through and have the baby. Can she get an abortion in jail???

• Jason

Let her have the baby, it will increase her chances to get pardoned on emotional grounds

Yeah you can. They'll be happier if you do. The system hate paying for babies

• Mark

W/o looking up any laws on the books

I could only imagine so but I'd wonder how

any woman would get prego in jail to begin

with.

• SnowFlake

They come in that way stupid

In MY State a Petition to provide abortion services must be filed with the medical staff and warden. The petitions are seldom approved due to the risks.

I was a jail nurse and inmates that wanted abortions had to inform medical to make a formal request that would then need warden approval. The inmates family had to pay all expenses. She needs to talk to medical staff.