Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

Why do my friends think I’m irrational for getting a degree in business administration instead of communication when I’m thinking long term?

In the next 20 years housing and apartment prices will double and a $40,000 salary won’t help. A $70,000 or above is more reasonable.

Favorite Answer

Shut the hell up troll.

A degree simply in business administration won't make you very valuable on the job market (although it is infinitely more useful than humanities). You need so specialize in something like finance, accounting, marketing, etc.

Maybe I am planning on not working by then college is a waste of time honestly

I have mixed emotions about business degrees. If this degree is the basic foundation for an advanced degree, such as a Masters in Financing or an MBA, then that's OK. If you never get a degree beyond a Bachelors of Business Administration, then it is of little value. You can spit in the air and hit someone with a business degree. You need to specialize in something in order to separate yourself from the pack.

Because they're insecure about their useless degrees.