Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Do high platelets count mean I have cancer?

I went for lab tests due to heart palps and my platelet count came back at 421 when the lab range is 182-369. I've never had problems with my blood count before. I'm terrified it means cancer please help I'm only 23 yr old female no one in my family except my grandfather (who smoked like a chimney) has had cancer and my older relatives usually get to live to their 70s-80s look my dad is 75 and in great shape.

Also my urine came with traces of protein, lots of bacteria and something called nitrites. Last year it came back like that as well but the doctor I was seeing didn't say anything and also my bloods were normal but now my platelets are high and I'm scared it is because I've some cancer somewhere

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No it doesnt. And the urine results sound like a urinary tract infection-you need a culture. Platelets have to be in the millions to be really significant or less than 5,000

• Login to reply the answers
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. It means you are a hypochondriac that jumps to irrational conclusions instead of waiting to talk over test results with your doctor like a sane person would.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Infection can cause a high platelet count. Likely you have a UTI.

• 6 months ago

They are only slightly high.

Most comm9nly caused by chronic inflamation, such as a chronic , mild, urinary tract infection.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

John's Hopkins says your platelets are ok.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you don't have cancer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.