Why do people treat 9/11 like it was the biggest tragedy in the world?

I understand it was a terrible event. But terrible things happen all the time. People dying. People get sick. Wars happen. All these things happen. 9/11 is just another bad thing that has happened in the world. It's not something that has something particular about it. World War 1 and World War 2 were much... show more I understand it was a terrible event. But terrible things happen all the time. People dying. People get sick. Wars happen. All these things happen. 9/11 is just another bad thing that has happened in the world. It's not something that has something particular about it. World War 1 and World War 2 were much worse than it. But people don't seem to look back at that as being as bad. I mean, people are so very extremely sensitive on 9/11. But don't appear to be as sensitive on World War 1 or World War 2. Why is this?