Luke asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

I ve looked all over and asked 6 different pharmacies I get what I believe to be shingles.?

I get it every single year and have done for almost half my life, I'm 25.

Originally I was told it was a fungal infection

But I've got some opinions of about 6 pharmacies or drug stores, and they all said it looks and sounds like shingles

Now just to explained it's a rash on my back, I got it 2 months ago and now it's back even more aggravated and painful

Sharo stabbing pains on my lower abdomen on both sides and very sensitive and sore to touch or even brisk by.

I know shingles can reaacure in adults but what I want to know is can it reaacure every single year and sometimes twice a year as it has done now

• Lili

While shingles can recur, it doesn't happen often. It is EXTREMELY unlikely that it would recur every single year. It's also normally a problem in older people, not young ones.

Don't go to a pharmacy; see a doctor for heaven's sake. A dermatologist would be best to start with. He or she might refer you on to another specialist. Pharmacists cannot properly diagnose you.

If you've had shingles once, you probably won't get it again. That doesn't mean it can't happen; it's just unlikely.

Shingles manifests itself in an arc, i.e. half the right chest, and half the right back.

An outbreak on your back does not sound like Shingles.

Also called herpes zoster, shingles , can come back a second or, rarely, a third time.

However, you can take steps to help prevent it or ease it the next time around.

In your case, see a dermatologist as fast as possible.

In the meanwhile, slather yourself with Aloe Vera Gel to bring you comfort.

And pop a couple of full strength Aspirins.

• Moi !! C'Est MOI..

Did I, or did I not, suggest a dermatologist? Did you read my response? I wrote that 4 days ago, way before you.
      So, shove it. Learn to read, you so-called Ph.D.

Have you talked to your doctor about getting the shingles vaccine? No? Try it.

• Sam

that is bizarre.. see an immunologist. Do you remember ever having chickenpox because shingles is a direct result of that. There is a new shingles vaccine, very new, but a little expensive. I would think it is more something you are allergic to and coming in contact with. It could even be a type of pressure sore (decubitus ulcer) or an abrasion. Typically, you are too young for shingles, but not impossible.. but only if you have had chickenpox .

pharmacy employees are not trained to diagnose anyone.

Go see your doctor

• kelvin

why not see an actual doctor for a proper diagnoses

Why haven't you seen a doctor?

This is what it looks like