I have a avr335 harmon kardon receiver that the right balance works great but left balance I can barely hear. is it fixable?

Update:

well on closer inspection ,lol, only one right channel works at all. prolly going to the junk pile

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Anything in the left channel amplification circuit could be at fault. While removing the case top and visually inspecting the interior for fuses, bad caps, burns or bubbled PCB area might note a few things, really, it needs to go on the bench and be evaluated.

• 5 months ago

need a tech to scope it out,,discontinued model,, might be a 40/50 buck repair,something minor like a fuse,balance control needs some residue free cleaner,,,or the guy say,,'sorry,discontinued model,we can't obtain parts'

• 5 months ago

Take it to an audio repair shop.

It is likely to need between $40 and $120 worth of parts and labour.

And Sidney's name was Harman, not Harmon.

(Bernard Kardon left the company early on,

but Sidney never removed his former partner's name.)

• 5 months ago

It could be something as simple as a dirty contact on the speaker relay or the speaker A / B switch. A squirt of contact cleaner and it's good as new. Or not.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Henry
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Yes, you buy a new one.

• 5 months ago

Really, only a qualified technician could answer you, as they would actually get to SEE the interior of the receiver.

• 5 months ago

Could just be in the pot that controls that function. I don't know if that's a potentiometer or what its called. But it should be fixable any way.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.