Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Dos the Bible truly confirm that Jesus is god or just the son ofgod? Arbt we all children of god, made in his image/breath? Whatd Jesus Say?

Jesus often called him self the son of man. Did he ever say he was the son of god? If he did arnt we all children of god because god made us in his image and breathed his life into us?

Is it ok to think Jesus was a human, or even if born from a virgins, a human or profits but not “part of god” in the sense that he is god. Like, he could still be the masigha and a profit and savior but be a human? In what sense would Jesus be devin but not adam?

No troll answers. Plz... I am christna and just curious. I am saved and eve live that jesus crust is our lord and savior.

Favorite Answer

The Bible confirms Jesus' deity.

John 1:1-3 (NRSV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being

John 2:19 (NRSV)

19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days ** I ** will raise it up.” (Jesus speaking)

John 10:30 (NRSV)

30 The Father and I are one. (Jesus speaking)

John 14:9 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

John 14:11 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; but if you do not, then believe me because of the works themselves. (Jesus speaking)

John 14:20 (NRSV)

20 On that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. (Jesus speaking)

John 20:27-29 (NRSV)

27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.”

Isaiah 9:6 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

6 For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Revelation 22:13 (KJV)

< I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. > (Jesus speaking)

Revelation 2:8 King James Version (KJV)

< And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; > (Jesus speaking)

You say this is like being the son of God is some kind of low position or something the Bible says that this only begotten son of the most high God was given all power and authority except the power and authority over God almighty that's right in the Bible. Jesus has full authority to dictate to the angels of heaven and to everybody in the universe whatever he so desires. Of course he does everything in line with what his father wants him to do.

"Dos the Bible truly confirm that Jesus is god or just the son ofgod?" Only the son of God, dear one. The Bible makes three foundational claims about Jesus Christ:

1. He is Jehovah incarnate, but not the God he worships and prays to (that is Elohim).

2. He is the creation of God.

3. He is the begotten son of God.

You might be surprised at how many "Christians" deny, dilute, or ignore these things.

"Arbt we all children of god, made in his image/breath?" I don't understand what you mean by being created in his breath. Jehovah and Elohim created Adam in Elohim's own likeness and his very image, just as Seth grew up in the image and likeness of Adam. Seth looked just like Adam. Adam looked just like God.

"Whatd Jesus Say?" Jesus said many things, more than can be recorded here.

"Jesus often called him self the son of man. Did he ever say he was the son of god?" Actually, according to the Reina-Valera (Spanish Protestant) Bible, Jesus called himself the Son of The Man, or the son of God. On over 30 occasions, actually.

"If he did arnt we all children of god because god made us in his image and breathed his life into us?" No, actually we are his children because he creates us in his image and our spirits are literally his children.

"Is it ok to think Jesus was a human, or even if born from a virgins, a human or profits but not “part of god” in the sense that he is god." Actually, neither is the case. Jesus: Half God, half human, all man.

"Like, he could still be the masigha and a profit and savior but be a human?" No. No fully mortal human being could have survived the infinite punishment for sin that Jesus suffered in the quiet hours before his arrest. He had to be the literal son of God biologically to do that.

"In what sense would Jesus be devin but not adam?" The differences in Jesus' case are a) that his spirit is Jehovah, so already divine; and b) that his biological father is God, hence he is also divine.

• BJ

At Jesus’ baptism a voice from heaven proclaims: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.” Matthew 3:17

Whose voice is that? It cannot be Jesus’ own voice; he is right there with John.

That voice is God’s. Clearly, Jesus is God’s Son. He is not God himself.

Jesus said he was God's son, Almighty God said that Jesus was his son.

Jesus plainly stated that he was more than a good man. He said: I am God’s Son. John 10:36 Of course, anyone could claim to be the Son of God. But if Jesus’ claim were false, what would that make him? Really, not a good man, but a great fraud!

The most reliable testimony came from God himself. He twice said concerning Jesus: This is my Son. Matthew 3:17; 17:5 Just think: The Scriptures report only a few occasions when God’s own voice was heard on earth yet on two of them he affirmed Jesus as his Son!

This is by far the best proof that Jesus was who he said he was. Jesus never claimed to be God, but he repeatedly spoke of himself as God’s Son. Even his enemies acknowledged this.

Jesus never even suggested that he was God or was equal to him. So to teach such a thing dishonors Jesus.

He is God’s Son. Whereas his father is Almighty God.

The bible is ancient superstition and should never be taken literally.

The New Testament Bible is the ONLY mention of Jesus....

Jesus is the most financially successful hoax in all history. A product of 4th Century Roman politics where religion intertwined with governments.

The Christians tuned religion into a business..

From an historian:

“During the age of Christ, of his apostles, and of their first disciples, the doctrine which they preached was confirmed by innumerable prodigies. The lame walked, the blind saw, the sick were healed, the dead were raised, daemons were expelled, and the laws of Nature were frequently suspended for the benefit of the church.”

--- Edward Gibbon, The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

"The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful."

— Edward Gibbon (The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

• daniel

Jesus is God incarnate. He became man for our sake. to take us to heaven. so that we may be like Jesus.

read the Bible. He died for our sins. receive Him as your Lord.

Proverbs chapter 8. John chapter 1

• jimmy

The bible confirms nothing.

god is a coward, I recommend not living your life for a coward