Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 7 months ago

Who else has 1950s theme weekends?

TCM, I Love Lucy, Superman, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Wanted:Dead or Alive, John Wayne, Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Elvis, Rick Nelson. No Blacks nor Browns. Desi Arnaz was White Cuban and Republican. He got out of Castro’s Cuba.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd go for a Superman Marathon. George Reeves was great as Superman.

a pity he blew his brains out. (of course, some say he was murdered. )

• Login to reply the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Desi Arnaz left Cuba long before Castro came to power

Like 25 years before, he came to the US in 1934, Castro didn't assume power until 1959.

Desi's dad was a mayor in Cuba, when Batista came to power the elder Arnaz was jailed and all his property stolen, the family moved to the states as soon as father was released.

• snafu
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Err...no. Thank god we've moved on.

• No

Desi Arnez fled Cuba because of Fulgencio Batista, who confiscated all their property.

You know, Batista, the saint of a man beloved by Capos and conservatives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nothing good happened in the 50's, a boring period apart from a few wars such as the Suez Crisis where Britain's global reign of terror was largely brought to an end and their Empire started crumbling to an end

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

The Fifties were a more decent and moral time.

• Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Exactly.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Well...if you're over 70 (and American - which I suspect this question is for); right on. But wait! If you're Rosa Parks, taking part in the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Also - in the same year (1955), While visiting family in Money, Miss., 14-year-old Chicagoan Emmett Till is killed by white men.

Rock 'n roll artist Chuck Berry records the hit song "Maybellene" with Chess Records.

There are pages, pages and pages of other 'theme weekends' of what black people went through - and what they performed...which eventually was nabbed by white musicians (see above - but earlier); you mention Elvis. And of course blacks who were in America were relatives of slaves, dragged over from Africa, with some still being murdered - of course, it still was a 'right' in some states to do that for just looking at a southern women, let alone speak to them.

And no...I'm not black (or even American).

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I don't really know actual 1950s theme venues, but we went to the Blues Festival in Upon upon Severn yesterday and a few bands were playing rock and roll music and stalls were selling 1950s records etc and pictures of old American cars and motorcycles etc.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Sad. So sad. Vile food, bigotry, hypocrisy. Horrible times.

• Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

You cannot appreciate British culture and that's because you're an alien to this land.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.