Native English speakers, what does 'shout'refer to in this context?

"Pam took his hand and led him just aft of the driver's console, guiding him down to a supine position on the deck. She mounted him at once. He tried to sit up, but she didn't let him, instead leaning forward while her hips moved with gentle violence. John was as unready for that as he'd been for everything else this afternoon, and his shout seemed to outscream the thunder. When his eyes opened, her face was inches from him and the smile was like that on a stone angel in a church."

Okay so this is an excerpt from a novel. In this particular part there's this guy and the girl who are traveling on a yacht. But their cruise gets interrupted by a storm. Pam is the girl and John is the guy lol. Well they kinda get intimate and 'things' are about to happen lol obviously they are having sex. But I don't get the part where it says that his 'shout' seemed to outscream the thunder. What exactly is meant by 'shout' there? Could that be referred to an orgasm with a loud moan?

P.s. This is an educational question so please don't report it just like the last time you did because it's kinky.

Favorite Answer

an orgasm with loud scream (i e shout)

Source(s): I am so good I shout out my own name.

Gentle violence.

Lol!

Surely a troll wrote this misguided fiction.

Of course it's orgasmic.

Now can we move on?

It refers to John shouting. I'm not sure why that should be confusing.

I don't believe this is an educational text. It appears to me to be soft porn. Not well written soft porn, either.

The bit I don't 'get' is the 'gentle violene'. That's an oxymoron. Similarly, the 'shout' isn't really good writing here. 'Groan' might have done it. I don't know too many men who 'shout' during sexual encounters. 'Outscream the thunder' is also bad writing. Thunder doesn't scream. It rumbles and crashes. This is obviously a very trashy and badly written piece of literature.

• James

how many times are you planning to ask this

• Mallone6 months agoReport

As many times as I want. You got a problem with that?

The zhouting iz likely to be a warning zhout about the ztorm

but that iz not made clear.

Maybe you can paraphraze thiz.

Source(s): *Pardon the glitchy `z`, I`m zorry*
    • Mallone6 months agoReport

Is your keyboard's S key not working?