Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 6 months ago

Parents do you buy your children white dolls or other ethnicities too?

Dolls, barbies, Gi joe etc come in several different ethnicities. Which one do you choose?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Prissy
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

I'm 26 and i do not have any child, but i absolutely love dolls. I collect Barbies and Disney princess dolls.

And yes, i also buy myself many dolls of other etnicities.

I have 3 African American barbies ,2 Japanese ones, 2 Chinese ones....And of course ,the dolls of Tiana, Mulan and Jasmine.

I actually think children should be Givenchy whatever kind of dollhouses they like, regardless of the nationality they represent.

Infact, it would be a great way for them to learn appreciating differences among people of different countries.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Alan S
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

As a boy we played with toy soldiers or male action figures, I think when kids my age now (57) played with these toys in the 60's and early 70's, they were all white. Maybe at some point in the 70's there were one or two black dolls for girls to play with, but I think that all the boy's toys were white. Although we did have these little toy plastic soldiers that were all green.

• 6 months ago

Huh who cares dude? Wtf?

• 6 months ago

Tf does it matter?? The child chooses the doll she likes..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• y
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The kid makes the choice, I didn't. Curious, what is the right ratio to have? Should it mimic the community, the state, the country? Should it be a global reflection? Should ensuring ones kids have the proper % be what they are focused on, steering the child to conform, so that neural bridge of seeing the difference and focusing on those difference to ensure proper balance the rest of their lives. Or should the focus be removed, so it isn't even a thought, people are just people.

2nd grade, the class room focused on our differences, my daughters friends suddenly went from being Mia, to Mia the Chinese person. All of her friends went from their name, to a descriptive name based on race, religion, place of origin etc.. Teaching to look at, to spot those difference at all times, is part of the issue.

• 6 months ago

Kids don't care because they haven't learnt what racism is yet so just buy them any doll and they will be grateful

• 6 months ago

More important is why do you ask and what do you do. I have never had an issue with my kids choice of colour.

It's just good guys have white hats, bad guys have black and the guys in towels are terrorists.

• Kevin6 months agoReport

I wear a towel. Am I a terrorist?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

My kids are grown, but they had dolls of multiple skin tones. They weren't much into dolls, though. Stuffed animals was where it was at.

• Susie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A couple of decades ago, liberals were saying that a child needs to identify with a doll that looks like them. Now they would call that same statement “racist”. Guess it doesn’t fit their agenda today.

• Jolene
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I would argue that your statement is inaccurate. Liberals still stand by that first statement, and it is not considered racist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.