What do most people see and do when go to major European cities like Paris? why? and how boring?

I remember the times I have been to places like Paris etc. I was in awe at how everything seemed different to where I am from in USA, but after a few days it wore off and I was walking around the streets just looking for something decent to eat that isn't over $ 100! I felt like I was in a empty cruel world... show more I remember the times I have been to places like Paris etc. I was in awe at how everything seemed different to where I am from in USA, but after a few days it wore off and I was walking around the streets just looking for something decent to eat that isn't over $ 100! I felt like I was in a empty cruel world after walking into some of the less glamorous areas....where people work outside of the tourist industry and go to regular jobs, and seem stressed out , depressed, hating life, etc.
Update: BUT TRUTH IS, IT GETS VERY BORING AND TIRING AND DEPRESSING EVEN? JUST WALKING ABOUT AND SEEING THE NATIVES WALKING AROUND LOOKING DEPRESSED, ANGRY, STRESSED, ETC?
Update 2: "Great Art"? you talking about the Eiffell Tower, and etc? I think those are great , but then you walk over into the "real world" areas that the real people live in and your realize you are not in Euro Disneyland anymore!
Update 3: and the people give you kind of hateful looks because they can tell you are an American tourist,etc