what do most people see and do when go to major European cities like Paris? why? and how boring?

I remember the times I have been to places like Paris etc. I was in awe at how everything seemed different to where I am from in USA, but after a few days it wore off and I was walking around the streets just looking for something decent to eat that isn't over $ 100! I felt like I was in a empty cruel world after walking into some of the less glamorous areas....where people work outside of the tourist industry and go to regular jobs, and seem stressed out , depressed, hating life, etc.

BUT TRUTH IS, IT GETS VERY BORING AND TIRING AND DEPRESSING EVEN? JUST WALKING ABOUT AND SEEING THE NATIVES WALKING AROUND LOOKING DEPRESSED, ANGRY, STRESSED, ETC?

"Great Art"? you talking about the Eiffell Tower, and etc? I think those are great , but then you walk over into the "real world" areas that the real people live in and your realize you are not in Euro Disneyland anymore!

and the people give you kind of hateful looks because they can tell you are an American tourist,etc

You’re a joke honestly just shut the fück up

• Toruko

Art. Won't help for those who were artless prior to arrival.

They can expend another can of aerosol paint on Detroit

buildings and go home happy with having had a 'say'.

You go there because the surroundings are different from where you come from, and maybe if you like history, it's interesting to see the places where things actually happened. And yes, obviously people lead normal lives there as well. Work, school, family etc. I'm not sure what you were expecting?

• Voelven

Well, if you think that watching a video on YouTube is the same thing as walking the streets of Paris, then by all means to that. In that case, travelling is wasted on you anyway and you might as well save that money for something else.

• Edwena

That is the typical American male reaction. It is caused by your body telling you that it needs a couple pounds of red meat. The next time you are there, get a place where you can cook and go to the grocery and buy the "steak" and cook it yourself. Bread and cheese will always make a good snack. Anyway, Paris is well worth spending some time there, and it is better if you are not hungry.

• humpty

So don't go there. If you are not able to appreciate great art and history you should stay in Hoboken or Moose Falls and watch Judge Judy reruns, instead of embarrassing better educated Americans by going to other countries and whining about how expensive a Big Mac is.

Postscript: "Yes, "great art"! Paris has the Louvre, but Brussels and the Hague have great galleries as well. London is packed with galleries and museums, not to mention Westminster Abbey. Edwena seems to have spent all his/her time looking for things to dislike and ignoring the opportunities one goes there for!

As for the people, I have always been treated with courtesy by native frenchman and immigrant Muslim alike. A hint, friends: you get from most people what you give them. That works everywhere.

• Kevin

Well, now they're probably seeing Muslims.