• Zirp
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Possibly.....because of "anti-vaxers"

• Robsteriark
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Nonsense! As smallpox no longer exists outside of laboratories, anti-vaxxers have absolutely no impact.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'm not worried. My vaccination should still be good.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Smallpox was totally eradicated worldwide in the wild back in the 1960s. Samples were kept in very secure conditions in 2 or 3 labs around the world.

The only way that smallpox could come back s if one of the countries with lab samples deliberately broke international law and released it into the wild.

• 5 months ago

No. Smallpox has been totally eradicated and now only exists as a few samples held in high-security laboratories worldwide.

There is an ongoing debate as to whether those few samples should now be destroyed or retained for further research if necessary.

Destroying it raises some ethical concerns but also practical concerns that the virus may one day be useful in creating a cure for any new but similar virus which may arise. Keeping it raises concerns that it could one day be accidentally released back into the environment, or that it could fall into the hands of terrorists or other extremists.

Some other diseases such as tuberculosis (TB) are definitely making a comeback. Mostly due to misuse of antibiotics which has allowed strains of TB to evolve which are resistant to all current antibiotics.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

No, its not, and the illegals do NOT have small pox, geesh

• 5 months ago

No, I don't think so, but red measles and diptheria and whooping cough and tuberculoses are all coming back partly because of ant vaxxers refusing to have their children vaccinated. I HAD red measles in 1964 just as the first vaccines were bring released in the northeast and maybe the west coast, BUT they were NOT available in the greater New Orleans area. As a type 1 diabetic, my mother would have made it a high priority to get vaccinated. Red measles can be fatal. Antibiotic resistant TB (tuberculosis) is increasing and so is whooping cough, mumps, and possibly tetanus.

None of those are smallpox. Smallpox supposedly has been eradicated. Yes, I had ONE small pox vaccination that I remember I think I was 10 years old.

I may be wrong. Please cite your sources. Otherwise you are fear mongering and maliciously spreading misinformation.

• 5 months ago

Yes because of all those illegal immigrants coming into the United States.

• Amaretta
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

You are showing your ignorance. There hasn't been a case of smallpox anywhere in the world in more than 40 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.