What are the chances I have HIV?

Just over two weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a lady friend. This was the first time I had ever had unprotected sex and I greatly regret doing it. This past Friday I experienced some symptoms which have made me extremely worried. I experienced a strong fever that night, along with a headache. It is important for me to disclose that I did have night of binge drinking, and drank on pain killers, but none of this explains the fever. Furthermore I have had body aches since then as well as swollen lymph nodes, although the latter is not unusual as my lymph nodes have been swollen for about 7 years (I have had that checked out).

Anyway after the fever I have pretty much prepared myself for a positive test, but I need to wait another 2 weeks before any accuracy can be found in an HIV test. The girl I slept with did have an HIV test last year and was clean and assured me she was healthy, but I know she could very well have picked it up somewhere without knowing.

So I don't really know what I am asking, but I am just terrified. I am hoping its chlamydia or gonorrhea as I did see some white penile discharge yesterday which is not a sign of HIV. But if it is HIV I pretty much ruined my life.....I have no intention of living with this disease.

If you have discharge from your penis it sounds like gonorrhea

Very very slim but HIV treatment can be expensive and lifelong. I thought I had HIC and took 3 blood tests. The nurse said it highly unlikely I have HIV since I'm straight.

it sounds like you had a virus.

Hence, the fever. i think you're over reacting

HIV usually doesn’t have symptoms until it’s too late.

• kelvin

you don't have HIV

The chances are fairly low. It sounds as though you've picked up some other disease. However, until you've been checked out by a doctor and been tested for HIV and other STIs, there's no certainty.

Slim. HIV has NO symptoms.

Peace.

• In

The fever and swollen lymph nodes indicate some sort of infection but not necessarily HIV. Go see a Doctor as soon as possible for testing. The recommendation to avoid an HIV infection is to use a condom or be in a monogamous relationship.