What are the chances I have HIV?

Just over two weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a lady friend. This was the first time I had ever had unprotected sex and I greatly regret doing it. This past Friday I experienced some symptoms which have made me extremely worried. I experienced a strong fever that night, along with a headache. It is important for me to disclose that I did have night of binge drinking, and drank on pain killers, but none of this explains the fever. Furthermore I have had body aches since then as well as swollen lymph nodes, although the latter is not unusual as my lymph nodes have been swollen for about 7 years (I have had that checked out).

Anyway after the fever I have pretty much prepared myself for a positive test, but I need to wait another 2 weeks before any accuracy can be found in an HIV test. The girl I slept with did have an HIV test last year and was clean and assured me she was healthy, but I know she could very well have picked it up somewhere without knowing.

So I don't really know what I am asking, but I am just terrified. I am hoping its chlamydia or gonorrhea as I did see some white penile discharge yesterday which is not a sign of HIV. But if it is HIV I pretty much ruined my life.....I have no intention of living with this disease.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

If you have discharge from your penis it sounds like gonorrhea

• 5 months ago

Very very slim but HIV treatment can be expensive and lifelong. I thought I had HIC and took 3 blood tests. The nurse said it highly unlikely I have HIV since I'm straight.

• 5 months ago

it sounds like you had a virus.

Hence, the fever. i think you're over reacting

• 5 months ago

HIV usually doesn’t have symptoms until it’s too late.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

you don't have HIV

• 5 months ago

The chances are fairly low. It sounds as though you've picked up some other disease. However, until you've been checked out by a doctor and been tested for HIV and other STIs, there's no certainty.

• 5 months ago

Slim. HIV has NO symptoms.

Peace.

• In
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

The fever and swollen lymph nodes indicate some sort of infection but not necessarily HIV. Go see a Doctor as soon as possible for testing. The recommendation to avoid an HIV infection is to use a condom or be in a monogamous relationship.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.