Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 5 months ago

should I continue working at Starbucks?

So I recently started working at Starbucks for almost a month now, since my very first day there was one of my partners who right of the bat was very rude to me. Gave me attitude and expected me to know everything on my 2nd day and would get mad when I would ask for help when I was confused this is my 3rd week and I always have shifts with her ALWAYS everytime I work with her she makes me feel so stupid infront of customers and always has something smart to say, she sends me to do everything when I’m really so lost this is my first job ever and I’m trying to get the hang of it being a barista is really hard especially being new to all of this. I cry almost everyday before or after my shifts because I feel so overwhelmed and so stupid working here most of my partners at work are the same way towards me when I ask for help they give me a attitude all the time or do things for me instead of showing me how. I’m 18 and the youngest working here everyone that works here is either in they’re mid 20s / 30s.. I feel so isolated here, I want to quit but since it’s my first job I don’t want it to look bad on my resume etc. I just feel that Starbucks isn’t for me no matter how much I try to stay positive every single day that I come in

I would wait until I start a new shift so I can get paid for that day too and then when I get to work and don't want to do anything anymore I would walk off during my shift and right on resume I quit

• Lolly

Look for YouTube videos.

Working there for 3 weeks ? You should know your job already.

Remember bosses and co workers aren't going to coddle you like your parents .

• marty

Quit. You may have to try a few different jobs before you find the right one for you. No sense wasting time on something that makes you miserable. Good luck.

You have a very tough life ahead of you. Better stay home under the covers where its safe.