Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 months ago

My step sister is coming to a dinner party + I suspect her of stealing from me. What's the etiquette to proceed so its an enjoyable event?

17 months ago my mother developed a condition which resulted in her dying at a relatively young age (57). I was very distraught but she did leave me quite a lot of money and also, there was a verbal agreement that I could have her jewellery.

However, because my mother's wishes were not recorded formally in the will, my step sister took it upon herself to steal the jewellery for herself.

This has led to much resentment on my behalf in particular because she has taken many items of jewellery which have sentimental significance.

For example, my step sister has taken a golden broch which was given to my grandmother my the Irish poet Yates.

Also she has taken a necklace which grants immunity to poisions (which includes gases), a necklace which grants the wearer 12+ intuition and also an amulet of adour which makes the wearer seem 20 percent more attractive than they would normally be.

Im throwing a dinner party next weekend and i invited her because i felt I had to. However I still feel annoyed that she has stole from me. Also, Im worried she'll use the magical stolen jewellery to seduce a doctor who'll alsi be attending. What should I do?

• Daisy

A bit far-fetched. Good luck.

Oh dear, another troll.

Nobody whose grandmother had been given something by the poet Yeats would ever mis-spell his name.

• edward

Mmhmm...i was unaware that you attended Hogwarts. This all makes perfect sense now

• g

Your mistake was inviting her. Since you're the host, you do what any good host does and make everyone feel comfortable and welcomed into your home. You can't control anyone's behavior but your own, and sounds like that'll be a challenge.

• Sandy

"she has taken a necklace which grants immunity to poisions (which includes gases), a necklace which grants the wearer 12+ intuition and also an amulet of adour which makes the wearer seem 20 percent more attractive than they would normally be."

Jewelry does not have the "power" to do any of those things.

If you have jewelry in your house that you think she might steal, put it somewhere she doesn't have access to.

Lock it in a suitcase and lock that in your car. Make sure she doesn't have the key and cannot get the key.

i wouldve turned her in to the police for stealing, one way to get your stuff back and i wouldnt have invited her to the dinner party either

• `

Is there a piece of jewelry that prevents you from writing bogus questions on Yahoo Answers? Your question is a zero on the believability scale.

• y

Not written down then it is a free for all, tends to be a free for all anyways in these situations even when it is written down. She beat you too it, you can either hold it against her forever or move forward. Yes it sucks, causes anger when one thinks about it but the only person that you hurt, is yourself. She doesn't care, doesn't feel guilty, may even believe she was entitled.

Impossible for jewry to do as you are dreaming!

Why don't you Pray to GOD and ask GOD for help here? GOD dose answer prayers, if evil is not behind them. Or will not hurt in some way.

• Daisy

Jewry? Do you mean jewelry? Those are 2 different things.