my4
Lv 5
my4 asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

Cat looking for treats at 3am?

We have a blind cat that starts demanding treats at 3am. If we put her out she scratches & cries at the bedroom door so that’s not an option. Her previous owner started this habit and we can’t seem to break it. I looked into treat dispensers but they’re costly or noisy toys. Any suggestions to help our cat?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Cats are natural munchers, so I free feed mine at night and have never been woken up by a hungry cat. Provided your cats doesn't have weight issues, that would be my suggestion.

• Login to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You have to shut it out of the bedroom, ignore it, shut it in a room away from you, do this all the time and it will stop being annoying.

• PR
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

1. Be sure to feed the cat enough during the daytime so she is not hungry.

2. Be sure to feed the cat an evening meal so she is filled up at night. Do this as close to bedtime as possible.

3. Feed a mix of dry food mixed with canned, along with water in the food. This should help swell the food to fill her up, more.

4. Place a dish of just a small amount of dry food right by the doorway.

5. Try a different food, in case the current food is not filling her up.

6. Do not close the bedroom door.

7. Take the cat to the vet to find out if there is a medical issue such as hyperthyroid, causing increased hunger.

8. Have all other things checked by the vet, and especially if this is a senior cat.

9. If this is a younger cat, consider a friend cat to help occupy her.

The kitty may have a health issue causing her to be more hungry, or you need to give her more food. Allow her to sleep in the same room as you, and perhaps she will feel more comfortable.

• patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

u could ignore her till she gives up. Give her treats during the day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.