Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 5 months ago

How do I set up a pressure sensor circuit?

I want to make a circuit that when pressure is added to the sensor it will open a iris styled lenses I'm pretty amature at thus but I'm learning.

(Its for a university project)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Steven
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

I can explain you in simple steps:

Take a pressure transducer as per your pressure application range. May be around 6 bar.

Connect this to a Pressure controller. The pressure controller reads the 0 to 20 mA signal sent by the transducer. The applied pressure can be read in the pressure controller display.

Now set the parameters in the pressure controller to activate a relay contact at set pressure. Connect the relay contact to a solenoid coil which in turn opens iris styled lense.

• 5 months ago

Strain Gauge can be used for Low pressure , Medium ,& high pressure. ,with principle of expansion Wheatstone bridge principle to measure the Pressure which may connected to 0-20 mA amplifier to set or read the pressure according to the real pressure calibration for switching a relay or a solenoid

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Tell us MORE!!!

Don't hide information.

• 5 months ago

First you must define what kind of pressure, light medium, heavy.

What kind of pressure, finger, water, air...

How much pressure, Spec.

What does it do? open close iris.

How much open close vs how much pressure?

Pick the parts to do that.

Build the prototype.

Fix the issues....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Use Op-Amp IC can do. Pressure sensor connects to input. Output power a relay to open other device.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

How much pressure (a light press of a finger or someone stepping on it)?

What are the power-supply requirements for the motor operating the iris?

Correct spelling is 'amateur'.

• 5 months ago

there are hundreds of different pressure sensors. Go thru the literature and find the one that suits your requirements, as to pressure range, output range, size, atmosphere/fluid, etc. Then come back here with the specs of that sensor. A circuit can be designed with an opamp or comparator to drive a relay which will open the lens, assuming the lens can be electrically driven. And we need the specs on the lens drive also.

Also, is this an on/off circuit, when the pressure exceeds (or drops below) a set point, the lens is opened, and VV, or is it a proportional control?

For a university student, presumably in electronics, you are very sparse on the details. In this type of project, details are everything. You sit down and list the specs of the sensor, the lens, and what you want to do, and it all starts to come together.

• billrussell42
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

PS, you need someone with electronics experience to do this. You have zero chance of designing a circuit...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.