Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 5 months ago

Why do I score so many own goals when playing football? Am I unlucky or am I just making stupid mistakes Please respond If you can help?

Apart from scoring own goals I m a solid player my passing is efficient, tackling is my strong point, I m really strong and have decent pace my dribbling can sometimes be my downfall and my shooting is quite good for a defensive midfielder.

• August
    Favorite Answer

You are probably out of position. I was a full back in my day and seemed to be the only one helping out the GK. Many times I tried to block a shot at goal and took a deflection into my own net. Yes it can be embarassing but where were the rest of the defence? Let the 2 defenders do their jobs and stay away from the penalty area -thats a start

• August

you need to have a word with either the team coach or the captain as this is clearly affecting your play

Unlucky is if it happens once, if it keeps happening then you're doing something wrong.

• Cogito

If your passing was excellent, you wouldn't kick the ball into your own goal!

It sounds like you're making stupid mistakes.