Ame asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

Is my mum pregnant?

My mum and dad divorced about 2 years ago, my mum has a new boyfriend and they have been together for about 6-8 months, she has told me they're 'really serious' and that they will most probably end up getting married. She had also started asking me 'how would you feel if you had another sibling?' but then when I mention it, she just says she was curious to know what I would say. I am one of 3 girls and my mum is turning 45 soon, would it be possible for her to be pregnant?

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

Your mom is only 45 - of course she could get pregnant and have another child.

I don't think your mom was trying to imply that she might be pregnant. I think she was trying to "sound you out", and get an idea of how you might feel about it if she does marry this guy and they decide to have a baby.

Yes She can get pregnant

It's not impossible to conceive at age 45.

Whether she is pregnant or not, no one can answer - ask her directly.

It is possible to get pregnant at 45, but I don't think that's what your mom is talking about. It's much more likely that her new boyfriend has a child of his own that she hasn't mentioned yet, and she's trying to figure out how to tell you about it

• helene

There is absolutely no way to tell if she's pregnant from a hypothetical question.

If she's still having periods, there's a chance of pregnancy.