Did this guy try to rip me off?

recently I went to a car show. I talked with one of the salesman and I paid a booking fee to buy a car. then I double checked with the head company and the dealer where the salesman works. It turned out that he said so many things which are not rue and tried to rip my money off. Then I sent text messages to this... show more recently I went to a car show. I talked with one of the salesman and I paid a booking fee to buy a car. then I double checked with the head company and the dealer where the salesman works. It turned out that he said so many things which are not rue and tried to rip my money off.

Then I sent text messages to this salesman and he denied that he ever said what he mentioned to me. Another lies.... geez.... How can you buy anything from someone who lies to you?

At last, he lied about car insurance and he lied about the credit payment. He denied that he said that I should get a car insurance from XYZ company. The head company said, car insurance is not a must when buying their cars.
Update: Me: What are the total costs? Salesman: The total is $(price) plus car insurance? Me: Insurance? I will find my own insurance company Salesman: Sorry. Car insurance must be purchased when you buy the car Me: REally??? is that a new DMV regulation? Salesman: yes it is.... Then.... I reminded him via WA message... show more Me: What are the total costs?
Salesman: The total is $(price) plus car insurance?
Me: Insurance? I will find my own insurance company
Salesman: Sorry. Car insurance must be purchased when you buy the car
Me: REally??? is that a new DMV regulation?
Salesman: yes it is....
Then.... I reminded him via WA message what he said was not true.... then his answer "Sorry we did not discuss about car insurance"....
Update 2: Yes booking fee since I was going to buy at a Car Show, the total payment will be paid at the dealership
Update 3: @barry: the booking fee is a check payable to the dealership and not the car salesman, duh