Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 6 months ago

Why can’t I straighten my knee?

I haven’t had any leg injuries or anything, but my knees won’t straighten properly. My kneecap always sticks out. It is also painful to sit with my legs straight in front of me. I try stretching but I’m unable to do it because of the stretching pain. Is this just inflexibility or something more serious? I am a teen girl btw.

• Gert

Go to the doctor for an x-ray. You may have Patellofemoral pain syndrome, it may come from an alignment problem in how your knee works. When you have misalignment, or a patellar tracking issue, your kneecap can push to one side of the trochlear groove when you bend your knee. That irritates the area, causing pain.

• Ian

Possibly you had a dislocation previously that wasn't corrected. A physiotherapist would be better than a doctor, to start with.

• out2lunch4now2

"I haven’t had any leg injuries or anything,,," Try reading the question before answering.

Go see a doctor

It's just a phase. No need to see a DOCTOR who might know more than some moron on the internet who can't see or examine your knee. Why worry about it? In a few years you can get a new knee to replace the one you aren't taking proper care of now by going to see a DOCTOR.