Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingPain & Pain Management · 6 months ago

Why can’t I straighten my knee?

I haven’t had any leg injuries or anything, but my knees won’t straighten properly. My kneecap always sticks out. It is also painful to sit with my legs straight in front of me. I try stretching but I’m unable to do it because of the stretching pain. Is this just inflexibility or something more serious? I am a teen girl btw.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Gert
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Go to the doctor for an x-ray. You may have Patellofemoral pain syndrome, it may come from an alignment problem in how your knee works. When you have misalignment, or a patellar tracking issue, your kneecap can push to one side of the trochlear groove when you bend your knee. That irritates the area, causing pain.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ian
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Possibly you had a dislocation previously that wasn't corrected. A physiotherapist would be better than a doctor, to start with.

• out2lunch4now2
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

"I haven’t had any leg injuries or anything,,," Try reading the question before answering.

• 6 months ago

Go see a doctor

• 6 months ago

It's just a phase. No need to see a DOCTOR who might know more than some moron on the internet who can't see or examine your knee. Why worry about it? In a few years you can get a new knee to replace the one you aren't taking proper care of now by going to see a DOCTOR.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.