Computer I-3 processor at 2.3 ghz DDR4 Ram, or I-5 processor at 2.4 ghz, turbo 2.8, but ddr3 Ram? More in details.?

Hi, Well my gf who is bipolar bashed my computer while I was sleeping, fun times. However, I looked at Mac pros used for $500 and passed. My plan is to grab a 1 TB HDD drive and place in a Samsung 1TB SSD, it only costs $130 So, computer choices... At $325, an HP ENVY, 2017, so the person claims 2017. Anyway,... show more Hi,

Well my gf who is bipolar bashed my computer while I was sleeping, fun times. However, I looked at Mac pros used for $500 and passed. My plan is to grab a 1 TB HDD drive and place in a Samsung 1TB SSD, it only costs $130

So, computer choices...

At $325, an HP ENVY, 2017, so the person claims 2017. Anyway, an I-5 processor 2.4 GHZ, turbos to a 2.8 ghz. Has 8 GB of ram, but it's a DDR3. 1 TB HDD hard drive.
- Back story, I met him, he said it was DDR4, but it is a DDR3, I found the processor online and then checked his CPU. It's a I-5 6200. The computer is an HP Envy x360 m6 convertible, for those who google search ( I do to ). Basically it flips into a tablet. The speakers are B & 0 speakers?? The speakers are at the bottom of the computer. It looks to be in good condition, he replaced the HDD though, and so when I tested the windows 10 game recorder...Window+G button, it said it didn't have the hardware. So I told him, maybe he should install the drivers from HP website. His graphic card was not being detected, probably do to his install of a new HDD hard drive. Anyway, the graphics are intel 520.

Computer 2. HP Pavillion. Asking $275 or best offer.Claims it's 2017. Again, this flips into a tablet, it's the pavilion 360. I-3 processor 6100. 2.3 GHZ, have no idea about turbo speed...I cannot find it at all online. Has 8gb of ram, but it's DDR4. It has a 1 TB HDD hard drive. Graphics IDK.
Update: . I study Health science, not a Computer guy, but this event made me learn about computers and specs I never thought of.

Does DDR3 Beat DDR4 by a lot? Say if you have 16gb ddrs vs 8gb DDR4?
1 answer 1