Is it safe to use the Instant Pot inner pot on a gas stove? I told my husband not to do that as he was placing it on a burner.?

• elhigh

No. It's designed to be recessed into an all-around heating element, and has no handle for safe removal from a burner. He's looking for trouble and is going to find it.

If you read the instructions for the pot, you will find that it specifically mentions not doing something like this, so when he does get hurt doing this he will have NO recourse. He won't be able to sue anyone for damages because he didn't bother to follow very simple safety instructions.

• Steve

You're absolutely right! DO NOT place the inner liner directly on a heated stove. It WILL ruin it.

• drip

It is not made to be used in that manner. So damage can occur

Sort of. There is no handle, so you might have problems lifting it off. I would use something else with a handle.