Why have people become absolutely ridiculous?

Back in November, I was called to quote a strip and wax in an old, worn out store that sat abandoned about 10 years. Most tiles were cracked, crushed or missing. They hhad about 200 to replace about 1/4 of the missing, trip hazards. They glued them down themselves, incorrectly. I couldn't strip the floor for a... show more Back in November, I was called to quote a strip and wax in an old, worn out store that sat abandoned about 10 years. Most tiles were cracked, crushed or missing. They hhad about 200 to replace about 1/4 of the missing, trip hazards. They glued them down themselves, incorrectly. I couldn't strip the floor for a month, it would loosen the tiles. They said do it next week or doln’t do it. I did it. I didn't care. Stripped it once, but it would have been better to strip twice. I quote 5 coats of wax. They said 3 was plenty.
It was over 10,000 sf. It was done early December 2018. They immediately drove loaded forklifts on the freshly waxed floor, typically 6-8 tons loaded. Never even swept the floor. I had recommended a good electric sweeper, 38” wide. All they had was a 24” push broom, so you know they never swept. It would be pointless to even try.
.
7 months go by. You'd never know my company touched the floor. The called and had the nerve to ask us to sweep the floors for free, because they are unhappy with the work we did! That has to be the most outrageous request my 11 years in business. I’ve had nuts before, but wow...