Should I stay with my boyfriend or break up with him to move to my hometown?

I hope this question doesn’t come across as me being selfish. I’m 22 years old and I’ve been dating my boyfriend Chris for almost 3 years. I love him so much and I have no complaints about him...except for the fact that he is unwilling to move. I moved to NY from MA for my ex who I thought I loved when I was 18.... show more I hope this question doesn’t come across as me being selfish. I’m 22 years old and I’ve been dating my boyfriend Chris for almost 3 years. I love him so much and I have no complaints about him...except for the fact that he is unwilling to move.
I moved to NY from MA for my ex who I thought I loved when I was 18. Things didn’t work out, so right after we broke up with him me and Chris started dating and have been together ever since. The problem is though that I work a job I hate, I never went to school, and I have made literally no friends after 4 years of living in NY. I have asked Chris many times if he’d be willing to move, but hes worried about finding a good job and about being away from his family, which I understand because I did the same thing when I left MA. But Im literally so unhappy in NY and I feel like hes unwilling to compromise.
Now Im here in my hometown for vacation (without Chris) just visiting friends and family, and I’m starting to realize how lonely I am in NY, even though I have a loving boyfriend! I dont really want to break up with him because we do have a strong relationship and I do love him and could see myself marrying him. But I also don’t want to tie myself down at 22 (Chris is 29) and I’m also sick of being depressed in NY with no friends or family nearby. Should I break up with Chris in pursuit of being close to friends and family, or should I bite the bullet and stay with someone who I know is good for me even though I’m lonely and depressed.