Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Is someone trying to hide their guilt if they?

Frequently do something that annoys you and continues doing it no matter how much you complain or talk to them about it, then when you become fed up and confront them about being spiteful and behaving maliciously towards you, they tell you that it's "unfortunate that you THINK they're purposely trying to make you mad" and then get their friends to help them try to convince you that you're mentally ill?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to educate yourself on Narcissistic Abuse as well as Covert Narcissistic Abuse. This individual that you are referring to is a narcissist who is emotionally and mentally abusing you or whoever you are witnessing it happen to. I was with a covert narcissists for eight years and later on after I left him, I was diagnosed with ptsd. They are verbally, mentally, emotionally, and physically abusive.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

They're not trying to hide guilt. They don't even feel guilty. Read about narcissists and gas lighting.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No.they are not trying to hide guilt.

They may have issues with power and control, and are deliberately avoiding change.

They may lack emotional skills and NOT able TO change their behavior

As for confronting people, that NEVER works. All it does is make them defend themselves from what they see as "you attacking them".

If someone is doing something that annoys you, and they do not change after the first time you have talked to them about it (NEVER complain) .. then you stop interacting with them.

If you cannot them, then you grow up and ACT polite around them .. and work with YOUR emotions so that you don't allow yourself to get annoyed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.