Is it normal for a 21 year old with bipolar to self harm just for attention? What do I do??? Serious answers only please.?

So a little background: my daughter is 21, and has bipolar. In highschool, she was in all honors classes and had plans to be a dr. That all crashed her senior year when she turned 18 and moved in with her boyfriend. When the relationship did not work out, she went into the hospital for the 1st time, cause she... show more So a little background: my daughter is 21, and has bipolar. In highschool, she was in all honors classes and had plans to be a dr. That all crashed her senior year when she turned 18 and moved in with her boyfriend. When the relationship did not work out, she went into the hospital for the 1st time, cause she wanted to harm herself. This was 2 years ago. Since then, she has been in and out of the hospital 9 times, has been diagnosed with bipolar, and is now on disability because she can't keep a job due to her frequent hospital stays. As a kid, she always liked to feel sorry for herself but that is about it, and like I said she was/is VERY smart and had plans for the future. Now, she is attached at my hip from the time I get off work until I go to bed at night. Im not allowed to do anything without her or else she gets VERY mad. My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip just the 2 of us in Oct. When she heard us talking about it, she went down to the basement, and came back up with her arm covered in blood, handed me a razor and said "you better take this." I took the razor and told her I would have to take her to the hospital if she did it again, and she said "they have plastic knives at the hospital I can cut myself with." At this point, I just walked away in disgust.

Anyway, is this at all normal for someone who self harms? I cut as a teenager, and I did EVERYTHING I could to hide it. The fact that she could only be doing it for attention makes me sick!!! What do I do?!