Can i date him? Am i dating my "brother"?

First of all this is true and its happening.

So my mom is going to marry for the second time and she is going to marry a great man that i acept as my "father" . They were dating for 2 years and he have a son.

Long story short, we started seeing each other more than "brothers".

For about 6 monts we been dating without anyone knowing. Im 16 and he is 18 and im being serious when i say that i love him and he loves me.

But my mom and my step father like i said, they are about to marry, and that will mean that the person that i most love and care in the world will turn my step brother.

We wanna date and we love each other, what do we do?

Is it wrong since he is not a blood brother?

Can we date?

Plz real answer we need help.

BTW, im bi and he is gay.

Favorite Answer

There are no laws as far as im aware, your not related by blood, only thing that will change is your parents will sign some piece of paper in the eyes of the lord(but he left eons ago anyway, some may find it a bit icky but if "hes the one" why care, just be sure your not acting on some crush, or misplaced feelings, but you doing nothing that your paernts arent doing, tho depending on where you live there may be laws on (coughs) intercourse

You would prefer to date your sister?

• Fred

Keep it quiet and all will be ok. I do not believe it would be incest as you 2 are not blood related and it is not as important as male and female relations having sex as you cannot have a baby with him.

Few teenage relationships last as what we want in friends and lovers quite often changes when we become adults. For now keep it to yourselves when around friends and family and see what happens over the next few years. Generally bisexual guys marry females as adults and that is likely what will happen with you.

Did you Mother give birth to him, then he is no closer to you than a second cousin, which can legally marry each other.

yeah, sure. since you're steps.

No. Find someone else to date. This will only end badly.

• Tj

Yes, you can date, you are not related by blood. If you both enjoy each other, there is no reason to date or even marry. Best wishes to you both.

At most if your mothers does marry his father you would be step siblings and there is no reason why you and this young should not date - you are not related.

There are no laws against anyone "dating" anyone. Keeping your love relationship on the DL will probably be a challenge. Try not to get careless and complacent. Youthful romances frequently don't last -- If that's in your future, I hope you can be mature enough to continue on as devoted stepbrothers.

There is no genetic or moral reason you could not be together. The only problems could come from state law, and family reaction. It's probably best not to raise the alarm until you are 18, then present the situation as a fait accompli.