Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Christians, are you one of the many pitiful Christians who promised to donate to the Notre Dame fund and welched out of your promise?

• David

I think the Catholics can take care of Notre Dame without me. God has better uses for the money I have.

No I did not.

What's the point of all these historic 'beautiful' buildings eating up peoples' money?

Jesus already addressed this problem when the disciples came to Jesus to show Him the buildings of the Temple. Jesus said,

"Do you not see all these things? Assuredly I say to you, "Not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down" So the disciples then asked Jesus, as He sat on the Mount of Olives "Tell us when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?"" (Matthew 24: 1-3)

Then Jesus gave them a long dissertation Matthew chapters 24/25/26 of what is coming - which is much more important than any ornate building that people waste their money on - good money which could be used for humane purposes, to feed, clothe, house and heal genuinely destitute, sick, hungry, homeless and dying people and children in this world.

It's criminal spending all these millions on mere buildings made of dead bricks and stone, when there is so much suffering in the world - which severe needs could so easily be addressed and filled quickly by honestly genuine Leaders who could help folks with all the millions of dollars that are wasted repairing buildings when men's lives need repairing

that is not a Christian building... . I made no such pledge......it is run by the papist catholics as a for profit business..... you got to pay to see it.......... but... for historical purposes there would be no reason a Christian should not donate....... personally I think it was... and will continue to be.... nothing but a big tourist trap

Never. RCC is false. Basically an idol or idols. Christians don't value dead things.

You don't need to be a Christian to realize its stupid to donate to that.

You cannot expect them to admit to it, surely?