Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 months ago

What do you think of the names ive picked out?

Boy:

Asa (ay-suh) kurt (kurt cobain)/Nicholas

Ocean Malachi

Lennon August/ Emerson jasper

Girl:

Elowen Maeve

Eden persephone

Vada guinevere

Favorite Answer

asa is nice, i like it because i like asa butterfield (actor). kurt is alright, though kind of old school and sort of gives me creepy old man vibes. nicholas is alright too, a nice, common classic. i'm not a huge fan of ocean as a name; i just don't think it fits a person. malachi isn't too bad. the same goes for lennon as kurt. i like august too, it's unique but not off the wall. emerson is alright, though more of a last name in my opinion. elowen is pretty and unique, but maybe too unique, but if you're writing a story then it's not bad. i like maeve, it's cool and unique but not weird. i love the name eden, personally, and the same for persephone. vada is kind of a cool name, but i wouldn't name my kid that today. guinevere is kind of awful, but i might be biased because i really hated reading the arthurian legend

• Marie

Malachi ocean would flow better. Lennon August is cool

I don't like Ocean Malachi, but the rest are .okay

I like Asa and Malachai

YES to

ASA (Biblical)

Kurt (German)

Nicholas (Biblical)

Malachi (Biblical)

August (Latin/Roman)

Persephone (Classical Greek)

Guinevere (Old British/Brythonic).

I think the names Nicholas or Kurt are decent names. Most of the rest will probably get your kid to be made fun of... Seriously, don't name your kid Asa or Ocean.

Overall - little over the top like you're trying to hard to be quirky. But theres good ones in there. The best boys names are jasper and emerson separately. I like August too but it's a bit weird. I like Elowen because its versatile, elo or wen as nicknames. Eden persephone is way too on the nose. Two religious references from different religious is a lot. Vada makes me think of Vader as in Darth Vader. Maeve is nice though. The best first names are all paired together haha.

Vada by the way is pronounce vay-duh